[Nitro] Og Revisted

Rob Pitt rob at motionpath.com
Fri Feb 10 04:25:07 EST 2006

I do not like those ideas at all. I do not agree that by default
instance variables used in the constructor should be database driven. I
do not think the automated enchanting of property creates too much of a
CPU drain, much worse are things like the pre-compiling of scaffold
templates (what is the point?). I am not a fan of annotations either but
I recognise I may be alone in this last point.

If you want to reduce the complexity of the code, it wouldn't be hard to
do this within the existing syntax as a framework. If you wish to have a
way of explicitly specifying which classes to enchant (ignoring the
obvious that property as a keyword is an explicit way of specifying a
class to be managed), I would suggest something more like:

class Address
  include Og::Model
  og_property :address_1, String
  og_related :belongs_to, Employee