[Nitro] Bug tracking (and Documentation Survey)

Aidan Rogers aidan at yoyo.org
Tue Feb 7 15:13:34 EST 2006

OK - putting my money where my mouth is :-)

Over the next week I'm going to take time out from active development
of the product I'm working on to write an issue tracker in Og/Nitro.
Nitro needs one, my company also happens to need one and it gives me
an opportunity to learn Nitro at the same time (I already know Og).

Why does this apply to the documentation survey?  Well, I'm going to
document it all as one big step-by-step tutorial, complete with
online and inline docs.  If anyone has time to help out, let me know,
either by mail or on IRC.  I'm 'five' on #nitro on irc.freenode.net,
and I'll be using the folks there for reference for Nitro commands.

I'll be getting started as soon as this mail is gone.  I anticipate
taking a week or so to get something that is both usable and a useful
tutorial and introduction: it makes for a good alternative to the
shopping cart that all the books seem to use.  I'll probably use
Hieraki to document for now (as used by docs.rubygems.org for instance).

In return for taking the time out of product development, I'd really
like for my company to be listed on NitroHQ as a proud sponsor of the
product - this is how I justify the time away from developing what
actually makes the dollars.  We can talk about that after I've done
the work tho ;-)

Aidan
http://www.infurious.com