[Nitro] Nitro 0.28 and dependencies

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:42:08 EST 2006

On 2/7/06, Mikhail Shevchuk <mico at docsis.ru> wrote:
> I just want to know how Nitro community looks at at structure of Nitro
> as framework. I've noticed that there are 2 new gems (facets_core,
> facets_more) in it. Is it good or not to make nitro high dependable?

Actually that should just be one dependency, facets. But Facets itself
has two parts. RubyGems was acting up so to get 0.28 out George put
just used to the tow parts. I will make an integrated all-in-one
Facets release for the next version.

Organizing Facets has proven a real pain. One the one hand I have
these classes, modules and microframeworks, any of which could be seen
as it's own, albeit small, project. And on the other hand I have the
vast collection of core method extensions. I have yet to find a way to
fit that this together in a wholey satisfactory way, that works with
both setup.rb and Rubygems and is suitable to Darcs and the
developer-friendly. The facets_core and facets_more is what has thus
far come out of working on this.

T.