[Nitro] Nitro creating invalid XML

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Wed Feb 1 11:00:15 EST 2006

George Moschovitis wrote:
>>I tried doubling up:  "Thongs & boxers"
>>but something in the rendering code is far more clever than me, as it
>>*still* emits the raw '&'
>>
>>How do I tell Nitro (which I gather is using REXML under the hood) to
>>emit correct XML?  This does not appear to be the default behavior of
>>REXML, so I'm guessing that Nitro is telling the parser to do this.
>

> I dont think Nitro does this. This is possibly REXML's fault, but I
> will investigate this.

Before posting, I tried a mall REXML app that simply read in and spit
back some XML< and the ampersands were fine.  I believe there is a way t
tell REXML to not do certain character escaping (or to autoescape text
when added) though, and perhaps there is something in Nitro doing this.

> Anyone can help here?

If no one knows offhand, I might be able to take a look.

--
James Britt

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
  for machines to execute."
   - H. Abelson and G. Sussman
   (in "The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)