[Nitro] Make Postgres work again

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 13:15:11 EDT 2006

Hello,

I applied the patch and get errors like this with mysql:

ERROR: `@COUNT(*)' is not allowed as an instance variable name
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/store/sql.rb:1037:in `instance_variable_set'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/store/sql.rb:1037:in `read_row'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/nitro/lib/nitro/compiler.rb:333:in `each_with_index'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/store/sql.rb:1036:in `read_row'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/store/sql.rb:1102:in `read_all'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/adapter/mysql/override.rb:17:in `each_row'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/adapter/mysql/override.rb:16:in `each_row'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/store/sql.rb:1100:in `read_all'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/store/sql.rb:235:in `find'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/og/lib/og/entity.rb:220:in `all'
  /home/gmosx/Code/public/nitro/lib/nitro/helper/pager.rb:292:in `paginate'

I have to work on something else today, could you please play a bit
more with the patch (perhaps add the fix to STI that manveru talked
about) and send me an improved version? Else, I will probably have a
look at this myself later in this week. But it would *really* help to
have an improved version.

Once again, thanks a lot for your efforts!

regards,
George.

PS: BTW, rubust postgres support is the showstopper for releasing
0.40.0 so it would be great to resolve this ;-)

--
http://www.gmosx.com
http://www.nitroproject.org