[Nitro] Ebook

Lionel Orry lionel.orry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 03:13:20 EDT 2006

I totally agree. it is a very good way to enter the LaTeX world. It can even process docbook documents in some cases... Actually my
preferred combo is LyX + pdflatex. Even generates pdf bookmarks.

To participate to other suggestions:

  - Scribus: I've given this software a try (on Windows, but I guess there must not be many differences because of QT), and it rocks. But I
think it is more targetted to professional publishers (the amount of options to define layouts and printing configuration is astounding). It
would be a good software to prepare a flyer for example, but not a book IMHO.
  - Inkscape is indeed a wonderful vetor drawing application. I often use it and you can make beautiful compositions in no time! (took me
about 20 minutes to make a flyer for my company. Direct Postscript export, and here you have your cover page).

regards

Lionel