[Nitro] Finally coming along...

Fabian Buch fabian at oggu.de
Mon Aug 21 04:23:30 EDT 2006

Am 20.08.2006 um 22:55 schrieb TRANS:
> 3. Lastly, I'm debating whether to get rid of Sow and just merge it's
> capabilites into Rolls. I'm not 100% sure on this yet, but at the
> moment that's the working assumption. They fit closely together b/c
> "Sow" builds packages of any format and can layout a package to work
> with Rolls automatically when it does so. On the downside I still want
> the library ledger part of Rolls to be seen on it's own merits as a
> simple independent light weight app (which it is) --not dependent on
> any package manager. Guess I just have to stress the two aspect of
> this are independent but interelated. Thoughts on this are welcome
> too.

Well, there are so many names to remember with all your great
software, that it's sometimes confusing which is which. Before I read
your websites for Sow and Rolls I couldn't tell why there are two
projects. Since they work closely together I think it'd get higher
attention if you merge them to one name.
As for me, I have to admit, I'm more interested in Sow than Rolls.
But in either case, I'd probably use sow to create rolls packages +
alternatives. Calling it Rolls the first thing I'd think about is
creating rolls packages plus some alternatives, since it can. With Sow
+Rolls, I'd maybe think about creating all kind of packages plus
rolls as alternative, b/c it's a cool new package system.
I know this is just about naming, but I'm just for "Rolls" for both.

> Just a little bit longer and I'll finally have all these technologies
> at essentially solid and stable releases!

Sounds great! Can't wait for Sow (Rolls).

Nitro Q&A: http://oxyliquit.de/
Blog: http://blog.fabian-buch.de