[Nitro] gen and parts

gabriele renzi surrender_it at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 9 12:33:01 EDT 2006

Fabian Buch ha scritto:
> Am 09.08.2006 um 11:47 schrieb gabriele renzi:
>>Each time you use a link you should be using the absolute path
>>/foo/media/test.png, but if you set the HTML tagh <base
>>href="/foo/media/"> then you can just use src="test.png" in that page.
> ..
>>Absolute paths still work fine, so everything is nice, but there
>>may be
>>hidden problems somewhere that I ignore.
> ic, where does this functionality come from? Is it a Nitro Compiler?

no, standard html behaviour :)
I admit I ahve thought of adding some kind of Compiler to do that for
me, though :)

> In any case, if we use the setting a part developer can use whatever
> he wants, either always like my former example or via <base href="#
> {YourPart.public_root}" />.

ok, sounds reasonable, even if the problem still has issues, i.e:

should we rename FooPart into BarPart? what about controllers?
are there any Server.map["/foo/"]=FooController to change?
I'm asking because this is all stuff I'm doing with gen scaffold, but
there the input files are strictly controlled.

I think we could just replace every Foo with Bar, in .rb files, and
filenames, leaving .xhtml+media untouched, is it ok ?

Or possibly this is just something useless in the end and we are just
making everything too complex when standard copying as in the original
patch is enough? :)

blog en: http://www.riffraff.info
blog it: http://riffraff.blogsome.com
jabber : rff.rff at gmail dot com