[Nitro] gen and parts

Fabian Buch fabian at oggu.de
Wed Aug 9 07:55:43 EDT 2006

Am 09.08.2006 um 12:26 schrieb Dimitri Aivaliotis:
> How about 'webroot' or 'web_root'?  I've always been averse to the
> use of 'public' as a description for files to be served by a
> webserver...

No, that'd only be confusing, since Nitro has public_root already it
also should be used for Nitro parts. And I don't think public is so
bad, since that's what's publically visible via the webserver,
without an application server that fiddles with it (nitro in this
case). And everyone else is using this naming too, if I remember
right Rails, probably some of the Java frameworks and the good-old
public_html folder of Apache.

Nitro Q&A: http://oxyliquit.de/
Blog: http://blog.fabian-buch.de