[Nitro] project dir

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 07:08:24 EDT 2006

On 8/9/06, Jonas Pfenniger <zimba.tm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/08/06, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> > To clarify it's curious to wonder, how would you categorize these files:
> >
> >   ProjectInfo
> >   ChangeLog
> >   Rakefile
> >   Reapfile
> >   Taskfile
> >   README
> >   setup.rb
> >   doap.xml
> Traditionally, README, COPYING, LICENSE, ... are in the project's
> root. Technically there is no difference excepting when you run reap
> and it has to look up for the Reapfile. Putting it in a sub-dir makes
> an unnecessary dir search.

True, but it also makes for a very unclutterd layout when everything
is neating separated.

> I think that README and other data text files should be placed where
> the author prefers them with a default to the root dir.

Right. I'm not suggesting the author can't. Reap still supports the
files it looks up if they are at root. My problem really is that
'meta' might be one of those names that's just too generic to ever
catch on and as a general convention --so I'm trying to figure out if
there is a better, readily acceptable nomenclature that might.