[Nitro] Change settings programmatically

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 06:00:27 EDT 2006

On 8/9/06, gabriele renzi <surrender_it at yahoo.it> wrote:

> >>Because owner is_a String, not a Module.
> >

> > I see. Is owner a string representation of an actual module? Or is it
> > possible that you want to "settize" a module prior to it's existance?
>
> no, all the Modules exist, my solution is working nicely so nevermind, I
> don't think it is bad :)
>
> Anyway, a take on the other question: If I recall correct you recently
> changed the implementation of annotations so that each one keeps track
> of its owner, and this may be the reason thay're no more serializable
> with a dummy to_yaml.
> Are there any plans to provide this kind of functionality, or to accept
> a patch that could do it?
> Or possibly I'm just horribly wrong?

Ah, now there's an unexpected consequence. Personally I'm not so sure
they should be tracking their owner, but George had requested that
they at least know hteir own name, which menas they might as well know
their owner too. But I'll have alook at it again and see. Could you
give me an example of how you had serialized them?

Thanks,
T.