[Nitro] project dir

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 05:48:38 EDT 2006

I have to make a final decision for Reap before the next release about
this meta/ directory. Is it worth the bother? And if so what should it
be called really? FYI the idea is to have a project location for those
file that normally sit at the top and are about the project itself.

I asked on Ruby-talk but few people seemed interested in the topic.
One person did mention using script/ however --apparently this is a
Railism.

To clarify it's curious to wonder, how would you categorize these files:

  ProjectInfo
  ChangeLog
  VERSION
  MANIFEST
  Rakefile
  Reapfile
  Taskfile
  README
  COPYING
  LICENSE
  setup.rb
  doap.xml

Although, both setup.rb and Rakefile are the only two that cannot be
put in a subdir at this point because they do not support it. And one
can question the prudence of putting README and COPYING or LICENSE in
a subdir too.

T.