[Nitro] Q about mongrel && nitro

Alexander Lazic al-nitrogen at none.at
Sat Aug 5 13:56:35 EDT 2006

On Sam 05.08.2006 10:35, Zed Shaw wrote:
>On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 09:18 +0200, Alexander Lazic wrote:
>
>Yes, exactly, but if it's in the standard some dip will start exploring
>it and use it in his next piece of crap social network.
>
>Ok, now that I got that off my chest. :-)

Thanks to open it a little bit ;-)

What do you think to add a *switch* so that we can use some
proxy-modules which are use the keep-alive without the pipline ;-)

What i think about is such behaviour:

Default => Connection: close
with --keep-alive be RFC conform ;-)

Thoughts?!

>> My Question was now *who* send the Cookie-Header and *who* the
>> Content-Length-Header?
>
>Mongrel doesn't do cookies, so Nitro must be hacking into the
>HttpResponse object and messing things up.  Get together with me on IRC
>and I'll help debug it.

Thanks for help, i have found the *bad guy* ;-)

As i wrote in <20060805123444.GA9027 at none.at>

It was in lib/nitro/cgi.rb
###
  => def self.response_headers(context,proto = false)
.
.
buf << EOL
.
.
###

As you have seen i my patch i have copied the each-loops from this
routine into the mongrel-adapter :-)

I hope that we find a better solution => DRY, you know ;-)

Regards

Alex