[Nitro] Better diagnostics for gen

gabriele renzi surrender_it at yahoo.it
Tue Apr 25 16:12:33 EDT 2006

Bryan Soto ha scritto:

> That does seem nicer. The load error messages from gems can be rather
> unhelpful. Is this what you used to debug your friends problem?

well, no, I just commented out the rescue..
Anyway this was just a suggestion and this is the reason I've not
provided it as a patch+tests, but it /seem/ to work with the sources
from repo.nitroproject.org:

$ ruby gen/bin/gen app foo
Cannot load the specified generator!
         unmet dependency loading gen/app/gen.rb:
         Could not find RubyGem facets (= 1.0.3)

$ gem install facets
<snip>

$ruby gen/bin/gen app

NAME
      gen app - Nitro application generator.
<snip>

$ ruby gen/bin/gen ap
Cannot load the specified generator!
         no such generator "ap"

and withouth -rubygems

$ ruby gen/bin/gen app
Cannot load the specified generator!
         unmet dependency loading gen/app/gen.rb:
         no such file to load -- facet/dir/self/recurse

> Just
> want to know how much of a beating to give it for testing purposes. :)

Oh, please be hard with it, I just quickly tested on a win32 box, which
is Evil(TM)