[Nitro] General inquiry about Reap

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 15:46:46 EDT 2006

On 4/24/06, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyhow those are some of my thoughts. Sorry for going on so long. Was
> wondering what others think about this and Reap in gerneral.

Actually, one of the things that came to mind when George did that
test script was can you have ProjectInfo files that reference other
ProjectInfo files (Composite of GOF fame). Taking Nitro as an example,
nitro, og and glue would have their own ProjectInfo files with a
top-level ProjectInfo:

So within the og subdirectory, reap test would run the og test suite,

/og $ reap test # runs og tests

while at the top level

/ $ reap test

could execute whatever tasks are defined for test in the top level
projectinfo file, or as a default, search for ProjectInfos in
subdirectories and see if they have test sections defined.

Of course, Reap might do this currently. I've found that the time I
used to have to investigate projects that interested me has decreased
dramatically since getting involved with Nitro, so my apologies if
that's the case.