[Nitro] Bryan & dispatcher/router patch?

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 18:27:47 EDT 2006

On 4/19/06, Andrew Thompson <vagabond at cataclysm-software.net> wrote:
> Bryan Soto wrote:
> > Hair trigger with the send button :/
> >
> > On 4/18/06, Bryan Soto <bryan.a.soto at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Andrew,
> >>
> >> Could you eyeball this patch to make sure I got the important bits?
>
> Bryan,
>
> You've omitted the fixes to redirect in render.rb:
>
>     def redirect(url, status = 303)
>       url = url.to_s
> +     url = "#{Router.strip_path}/#{url}".squeeze('/') if Router.strip_path

You had mentioned you ran into problems with the redirect which is why
I omitted. Did I misunderstand?

> I'm also not sure you need to require router.rb in render.rb, but I've
> only semi-tested that impression. Maybe for some use-cases its not a bad
> idea, require is smart enough to make it a likely non-issue.

I think that was necessary for the redirect patch above. Included by
mistake. Thanks for the catch. :)

>  >> Funny coincidence, but I was trying to handle your other issue
>  >> "Controller resolution order" in the same repo. :)
>
> Oh, cool, I thought that one dropped off into the void. Any progress on it?

Yeah, actually. But I hate the implementation. :)
If I get something nice, are you willing to help test?