[Nitro] XmlBuilder

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 10:40:51 EDT 2006

On 4/18/06, James Britt <james_b at neurogami.com> wrote:
> George Moschovitis wrote:
> >>Something like XmlBlaster?
> >

> > naah ;-)
>
> :)  I was being fairly facetious.
>
> I'm curious, though, what people think of trying to foster a particular
> metaphor or imagery for Og/Nitro and its related libraries.
>
> On the one hand, it can improve name recognition; the downside is that
> trying to pick names that fit into some particular theme can lead to
> some extreme goofiness.

Well I ended up being fairly conervative and named it BuilderObject,
since it is meant to be subclassed and not used directly, it fits the
pattern of other classes like BasicObject and MockObject, etc.

As for the theme naming, I think that's good at higher levels. Facets
is a general purpse library. Nitro uses Facets and since Nitro is the
"biggest" user of Facets it gets special consideration, clearly. Yet
everything in Facets must be general purpose. Personally, I think
that's one of the strengths of this relationship. At times it makes
things more difficult, but in the end I think the projects are better
for it. Anyway, that also means theme naming doesn't apply to Facets
in this way.

Nonetheless "Blaster" is kind of cool and I actually seriously
consider it at first :-)

T.