[Nitro] Og thread_safe changes

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 15:15:56 EDT 2006

On 4/12/06, George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone has played a bit with Og's thread safe option and added some
> code to inti/close stores. These additions create a lot of problems
> for one of my apps and I was wondering if this person can describe
> again, what kind of problems his patch solved.

I believe that would be Guill and myself that modified it. As I
recall, the basic problem was that
managers would configure themselves based off that global setting and
base their behaviour off of it, but wouldn't account for it being
changed in between. As an example, if a manager was created while the
setting was true, it would create a pool. If the setting was changed
to false, it would return the variable for the single connection. But
that variable was never assigned to so it returned nil.

Another problem the pool had is there are no calls to put_store
anywhere so after 5 method calls, the pool would be empty and it
returned nil.

I think that was the basic rationale. Hopefully Guill can provide more
info if necessary.