[Nitro] Web App Testing with Selenium

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Tue Apr 11 03:46:12 EDT 2006

Bryan Soto wrote:
> A flash movie link that manveru asked me to post. Enjoy. :)
>
> http://wiki.openqa.org/download/attachments/400/Selenium+IDE.swf?version=1

Pretty sweet.  I forgot I ad the installed.  I poke around with Selenium
about a week ago, nothing too involved.   I've been using WATIR plus my
own custom DSL on top of it to do integration testing, but Selenium
looks nicer (plus it can use Firefox).

This browser recorder thing kicks ass.  But I found this autogenerated
code amusing:

class NewTest
   def test_foo
     open "/"
     assertTitle "james britt"
     assertTextPresent "Gee, I Hope They"
   end
end

Shame about the lowerCamelCase methodNames

But thanks for reminding me to go lookat this more.  Saves much time and
trouble!

--
James Britt