[Nitro] Glue to facets plan

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 12:58:09 EDT 2006

As Tom proposed (and several other members of the community
agreed upon) we are about to replace Glue with Facets. The idea
is to extract the generally useful bits into Facets and put the
rest into the nitro or og directories.

Here is how I propose that we handle the Glue -> Facets
transition:

- Move the following files into Facets:

  accumulate.rb
  aspects.rb
  builder.rb
  builder/*
  configuration.rb
  on_included.rb
  property.rb
  settings.rb
  template.rb
  cache.rb
  cache/*
  logger.rb

- Change the code to use equivalent Facets functionality instead
  of the following files:

  paramix.rb
  attribute.rb
  autoreload.rb
  expirable.rb
  flexob.rb
  sanitize.rb
  uri.rb
  html.rb

- Move the following files in nitro dir:

  markup.rb
  mail.rb
  mailer.rb
  mailer/*
  localization.rb

- Move the following files in og dir:

  validation.rb  (merge with og/validation.rb)

As I am short on time, may I propose that Tom and Bryan can work
on this plan, and I can finish the job and make sure everything
works afterwards? Especially I would like to ask Tom to move the
requested files into facets.

best regards,
George.