[Nitro] Nitro::Dispatcher::ROOT and running nitro in a subdirectory...

Andrew Thompson vagabond at cataclysm-software.net
Fri Apr 7 08:50:28 EDT 2006

Bryan Soto wrote:
> With Apache, I ended up just using mod_rewrite and serving via a
> virtual host. Might you be able to share your hacking? :)

Well, that was the other possibility. My hacking was highly unqualified
and I eventually gave up on it (paths for things like CSS files got all
borked and the kludges to fix redirect and template lookup dirs was
ugly). I'd be willing to help design and implement a real strategy for
doing this though, but I don't know Nitro well enough to do it alone.

> I'm not sure, but perhaps what was outlined by Gergley might help? He
> manipulated a controller class instance variable called
> @template_root. See here for more info.
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/nitro-general/2006-March/003643.html

No, that's not quite what I wanted, I wanted nitro ONLY running in a
subdir, the DocumentRoot and other folders should/would be something
totally different - rails or PHP or whatever.