[Nitro] STI a mistake in PostgreSQL?

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:01:28 EDT 2006

On 4/6/06, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> I imagine supporting PostgreSQL's inheritance would require very
> strong S.O.C. in the stores. I'm not sure how hard it would be to
> implement, my guess is it would not be easy and would have effects on
> the rest of the stores too. But if it could be done (without being a
> hack) I bet it would make Og a much stronger ORM system on the whole.
>
> Just a thought,

And a good thought. We just need to clean up the interface, move all
the heavy lifting to sql.rb and make the adapters just do the database
specific stuff. Currently, that's not exactly the case. Besides, a
well defined interface would make it easier to add support for new
databases like Oracle or MS Sql.