[Nitro] properties

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 16:47:56 EDT 2006

On 4/3/06, Kashia Buch <kashia at vfemail.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my comment on the whole issue:
>
> >> naah, this is too much...
> > Just a thought. So we're back to the previous discussion of tracking
> > down a good name.
>
> Like George once said, when that topic came up one day with Mechanize:
> Nitro does not have to work with every single library in existance.
>
> My proposition:
>
> If "property" can't be used, is "prop" still free? ;)

Well, for the record, I don't believe "property" is the problem. It's
that each "property" is stored and accessed via "properties" and
that's where the collision is.

> If we take another name now.. how long does it take until the history
> repeats itself and some other library generates a conflict?

That's true. If this was for Nitro, we probably wouldn't be having
this discussion. I think Og is supposed to be a general library and
that's the only reason renaming is being entertained. I don't know
that for sure though.