[Nitro] properties

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 13:21:09 EDT 2006

On 4/2/06, George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So by default Og would use "property" but Gtk users could say
> >
> >    Og.dsl_keywords(:property => :my_own_foobar_keyword)
> >    class Foo    # in which context #property would collide
> >      my_own_foobar_keyword :foo, String
> >    end
>

> naah, this is too much...

Just a thought. So we're back to the previous discussion of tracking
down a good name.

First, the exact problem is that every property defined in an Og model
is stored in a hash that is accessed by using the name "properties".
So strewn throughout the Glue and Og code are numerous calls to
properties. Properties is also used by GTK to access the internal
properties of a GLib object, so we are both using the same name and,
depending on the order of require, one is replacing the other causing
no end of headaches. The collision is that both Og and GTK are using
"properties" internally.

This is what's been suggested so far:
graph_properties
class_properties