[Nitro] properties

Aleksi Niemela Aleksi.Niemela at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat Apr 1 15:38:24 EST 2006

Bryan Soto kirjoitti:
> Perhaps the problem is that properties are generic, but not reusable.
> As an example, for an Og enchanted class, perhaps field and fields
> would be a better name than property and properties.

I'm not sure if I have the same idea with Bryan but IMO instead of
having static Domain Specific Language (DSL) we could end up having
dynamically defined DSL for declaring properties, attributes or whatever
would be great name for those.

So by default Og would use "property" but Gtk users could say

   Og.dsl_keywords(:property => :my_own_foobar_keyword)
   class Foo    # in which context #property would collide
     my_own_foobar_keyword :foo, String
   end

    - Aleksi