[Nitro] [ANN] RDOG is back

Andrew Thompson vagabond at cataclysm-software.net
Tue Sep 27 10:55:40 EDT 2005

Michael Fellinger wrote:
> finally i want to thank everyone who participated in this project,
> especially Vagabond for his rdoc2yaml and the rdog_model, i'm not sure
> he is still with nitro - but without him this work wouldn't have been
> possible and i would still burn in the hell of php.

Hmm, I have been busy, and it looks like you guys are getting along fine
without me. However, there are still some problems with the rdoc2yaml
dealie that probably need to be fixed at some stage. If anyone feels
ambitious I can post my patch to rdoc so someone else can hack on it. I
need some cleanup work before that is a good idea, I did a lot of poking
at rdoc to figure out how it ticked, and we certainly don't want that
code escaping into the wild....

The "big" problem is correctly deciding where something is really
defined, so it can be categorized
http://rdog.oree.ch:8080/rdog/nitro/Glue is a good example of when my
code gets it wrong. There's lots of other stuff, like fixing the C code
extraction so it strips the comments used by rdoc and adjusts the line
number accordingly, caching the symbols, etc. I'm not sure if/when I'll
get around to it, but its probably dependant on how much nagging I get.

Oh, http://rdog.oree.ch:8080/rdog/core/Comparable/between%3F looks a bit
flaky to me, might want to look at it. In fact all method pages seem broken.

Anyway I wish all these Rdog devs that crawled out of the woodwork good
luck, I'll try to help you guys out later (putting the data in a
database via Og would be great, and make RDog really == Rdoc in Og :) )
and I'll try to keep an eye on things. Emailing me directly is a better
way to get hold of me tho I tend to be lax in my reading of mailing
lists....

Andrew