[Nitro] Setting-up nitro+lighttpd+fcgi at textdrive

Guillaume Pierronnet guillaume.pierronnet at laposte.net
Mon Sep 26 08:45:32 EDT 2005

hi George, everybody,

here is a "fast and ugly" patch against nitro adapter/fastcgi.rb. This
will give you ideas on how to implement this on others adapters.

BTW, this text on streaming support will be very succinct since it only
talk on assigning @context.out to an IO object. I'll add some examples
too.

regards

> Hello Guill,
>
> can you please email this text about streaming on the list? I would like
to add the feature for the next release. I would also love to see some
tips on how to implement this 'portably' for all adapters. So please
write that text.

> BTW, since we are having some problems coordinating with Trans on the
new release (as Nitro will use some new Nano/Mega features
> extensively), I plan to release a preview version later this week. This
will be useful for people working on custom applications using Nitro as
it contains numerous bug fixes and small improvements.

> best regards,
> George.

>> > Typically, this is not necessary, Og will create the database for you
>> ;-)

>> fill
>> >
>> > I prefer to fill my databases using ruby code and Og.

>> > Btw, I am trying to refactor/improve tha adapter system in Nitro, and
try to support scgi and/or acgi. Stay tuned for this.

>> > regards,
>> > George.
>> >

>> > --
>> > http://www.gmosx.com
>> > http://www.navel.gr
>> > http://www.nitrohq.com

>> maybe you can take advantage of the adapter system's refactoring to
make
>> clean support of streaming.
>> BTW, this work out of the box with Webrick adapter by assigning an IO
object to @context.out, but this behaviour is not uniform across
differents adapters. Nevertheless, this seams trivial to implement.
When nitrohq.com wiki will be back, i'll wrote a page on streaming
support