[Nitro] How best to submit patches

Cristi BALAN mental at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:18:29 EDT 2005

On 9/22/05, Chris Farmiloe <chris.farmiloe at farmiloe.com> wrote:
> Hi ya... this is mainly aimed at george I guess:
> What is the best way to submit patches to you?
> Are you happy looking over subversion/diff files?
> [myself and colleague] have made a few changes and
> it would be a shame to just lose these in the next release.
> of course we don't know what other people are working on
> so reinventing the wheel is a possibility.
> we have rewritten the fill function to allow better useage of the
> __force_hash function and also stopped just throwing all request
> parameters at the __force_ functions, it now only looks for
> request parameters relevant to the obj getting filled.
> checkboxes / TrueClass property now works with scaffold
> and fill
> Blob (files) have a place in scaffold and are handled correctly
> (multipart forms are added automatically if a Blob is in use)
> my colleague has added scaffold support for most (maybe all)
> of the relations and made some workarounds for some bugs in Og
> he also has fixed the @params array to work correctly for multipart
> forms.
> Thanx  -  lemme know if you'd like to take a look at it.
> chrisfarms.

Going a bit off topic...

If you want to keep your patches against a readonly repository, you
should look a bit into svk(http://svk.elixus.org/). It's very useful
if you want to send different patches for different features, rather
than just send a big patch with all your changes. Also, if you don't
get all your patches approved, it will help you maintain them up to

Cristi BALAN