[Nitro] Getting Started

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:31:59 EDT 2005

Having trouble getting going with Nitro. Since nitrohq is still out I
have no doc resources so hopefully someone "out there" can lend a
hand.

First of all, I like to manage me websites like I manage my other
applications. I work on it in a dev directory and when I'm ready to
deploy I run a script which copies the needed files to the proper
install location.

So, I'm using Apache2 w/ fastcgi. I have George's basic nitrogen
layout to start with.  I thought I'd just have to copy the the public/
dir to my web servers document root. But I'm just looking at raw xhtml
pages --no Nitro goodness :-(

If I run the run.rb script it does work, but via webrick. How do I get
it to work via apache?

Thanks,
T.

Here's my Apcahe2 config. Note the Rewrite rules are not working at all either.

FastCgiConfig -initial-env 'RUBYOPT=-rubygems'
TypesConfig /etc/mime.types

<VirtualHost *>

    ServerName doe
    ServerAdmin transfire at gmail.com

    AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi rb
    #AddHandler cgi-script cgi rb

    DocumentRoot /srv/www/doe/

    #<Directory />
    #    Options FollowSymLinks
    #    AllowOverride None
    #</Directory>

    <Directory /srv/www/doe/>
        Options FollowSymLinks
        Options ExecCGI Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        #Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>

    #RewriteEngine On
    #RewriteRule ^$ index.html [QSA]
    #RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]
    #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dispatch.fcgi [QSA,L]

    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^$ index.xhtml [QSA]
    RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.xhtml [QSA]
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /fcgi.rb [QSA,L]

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error-nitro1.log

    # Possible values: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit, alert, emerg.
    LogLevel warn

    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access-nitro1.log combined
    ServerSignature On

    ErrorDocument 500 "<h2>Application error</h2>Nitro failed to start properly"

</VirtualHost>

--
( o)  カラチ
 //    trans.