[Nitro] Hmm, what have I done wrong?

Michael Fellinger manveru at valaraan.de
Sat Sep 10 15:09:48 EDT 2005

David Legard wrote:

> I'm very keen to start using Og, as it is perfect for some
> developments I'm working on, but I can't get to first base.
>
> I installed as a gem, ensured I have ruby-mysql installed, cribbed
> some code from the examples, updated (I believe) to the latest syntax.
>
> However, on trying to run this, I get an immediate segfault on the
> ' db = Og.setup(' line.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? Sorry if this is a
> dumb request.
>

> require 'rubygems'
> require_gem 'og'
>
> class Category
>     property :name, String
> end
>
>   class Post
>     property :title, String
>     property :body, String
>     property :author, String
>     property :create_time, Time
>     property :hits, Fixnum
>   end
>
>   class Comment
>     property :title, String
>     property :body, String
>     property :author, String
>     property :create_time, Time
>   end
>
>  db = Og.setup(
>     :destroy => false, # destroy table created from earlier runs.
>     :database => 'test',
>     :store  => 'mysql',
>     :user => "myself",
>     :password => "mypassword"
>   )

although it would help to know what the exact error was, i think you
have to write it like this

db = Og.setup(
   :destroy  => false         # or just leave this outcommented till you
need it
   :store    => :mysql       # this cannot be 'mysql' it must be a symbol
   :name     => 'test'       # No :database - i have no idea where you
have got these defaults from
   :user     => 'mysqlf'     # stays the same
   :password => 'mypassword' #should give you no problems too...
   )

hope i could help :)
still have to finish that part of the docu, but i'll do it asap...

so long...
manveru