[Nitro] Hmm, what have I done wrong?

David Legard dalegard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:43:42 EDT 2005

I'm very keen to start using Og, as it is perfect for some developments I'm
working on, but I can't get to first base.
 I installed as a gem, ensured I have ruby-mysql installed, cribbed some
code from the examples, updated (I believe) to the latest syntax.
 However, on trying to run this, I get an immediate segfault on the ' db =
Og.setup(' line.
 Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? Sorry if this is a dumb
request.

require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'og'

class Category
property :name, String
end

class Post
property :title, String
property :body, String
property :author, String
property :create_time, Time
property :hits, Fixnum
end

class Comment
property :title, String
property :body, String
property :author, String
property :create_time, Time
end

db = Og.setup(
:destroy => false, # destroy table created from earlier runs.
:database => 'test',
:store => 'mysql',
:user => "myself",
:password => "mypassword"