[Nitro] Rdocs

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Wed Sep 7 00:54:31 EDT 2005

Emmanuel Piperakis wrote:
 >> I *think* you can run rdoc over the source tree, and then copy the
 >> resulting docs over to where they should be in the gems/docs tree
 > I tried rake rdoc, rake doc (no result). Probably my rake is not
 > installed correctly......

Forget rake.  Just run rdoc.

C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\og-0.23.0\lib>rdoc --main og.rb

                       collection.rb: mc................
                           entity.rb: mm.m....................cc.
                           errors.rb: mc.
  # much stuff ...
                         mysql411.rb: c.............
Generating HTML...

Files:   37
Classes: 52
Modules: 51
Methods: 520
Elapsed: 16.563s

This produces a 'doc' directory, with the rdoc files.  Copy the contents
of that 'doc' dir to

Adjust where needed on *nix boxen.

Actually, the README file in the main Og source directory makes a better
main page for the rdoc, so you may consider moving it to the lib ir
before running rdoc, and setting that as the main page:

rdoc --main README

But this should give you an idea of what to do.