[Nitro] Apache2

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 11:21:55 EDT 2005

On 9/4/05, Aleksi Niemela <Aleksi.Niemela at cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> TRANS kirjoitti:
> >Anyone have a working Apache2 Virtual Host configuration working with Nitro?
> >
> >Nitro works under Webrick, but under Apahce2 I'm getting 400 Bad Request Error.
> >

> I've not set up Apache nor Nitro but I wonder if Nitro would go in place
> along the Rails lines:
>   http://www.rails4days.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Rails4Days.pdf
> On page 7 (numbered 3 on bottom of text page), you can see how Virtual
> host is set up for Rails. Also many examples and nitrogen seem to carry
> some form of Apache configuration I assume George is using. But as said,
> I haven't tried any of these.

Thanks  Aleksi,

It seems the problem is two fold. First the rewrite rules given in
Nitro's apache.conf example gives the 400 Error:

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^$ index.html [QSA]
  RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dispatch.cgi [QSA,L]

So I'm not bothering with that at the moment and have remarked it out.
But secondly, Mozilla Browser on Ubuntu Linux is picky about xml
content. The nitrogen produced app's index.xhtml has an xml error --a
missing </li>, and secondly the header needs to be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"