[Nitro] [ANN] Nitro Flare 0.3.0

Reid Thompson reid.thompson at ateb.com
Fri Sep 2 00:49:34 EDT 2005

Tim Larson wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:31:31PM +0100, Tim Larson wrote:
>>On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:20:11AM +0300, George Moschovitis wrote:
>>>Flare is a Blog engine powered by Nitro and Og. The aim of
>>>this project is to provide a canonical example of using Nitro
>>>to build a real world Web application.
>>Hi George, others :)
>>Flare looks really neat, but I have a problem...
>>I can add an article from the /admin interface,
>>and it shows up in the admin list, but not in
>>the main / page.  I get this error on the console:
>>  DEBUG: Rendering '/articles'.
>>  DEBUG: Compiling action 'BlogController#articles'
>>  DEBUG: Compiling template 'BlogController:
>>    template/articles.xhtml'
>>  ERROR: Error while handling '/articles'.
>>  ERROR: undefined method `to_href' for nil:NilClass
>>On the other hand, adding a category via the
>>/admin interface does work for me :)
>This is caused by the category being nil, which is in turn
>caused by the 'fill' method not setting the category, because
>of this error:
>  #<NoMethodError: undefined method `__force_category'
>  for #<Article:0x7240050>>
>--Tim Larson
>Nitro-general mailing list
>Nitro-general at rubyforge.org
tim -- changing lib/nitro/mixin/form.rb to
   def belongs_to_tag(obj, rel, options)
     entities = rel.target_class.all
     labels = entities.map { |e| e.to_s }
     values = entities.map { |e| e.oid }
       <select id="#{rel.name}" name="#{rel.name}_oid">
         #{options(:labels => labels, :values => values, :selected => 1)}
 will get the category_oid populated for the article --- just have to
determine what the real fix is now