[Nitro] Nitro/OG examples that show recommended ......

Walter Walter at mwsewall.com
Thu Sep 1 09:32:18 EDT 2005

I am new to Nitro/OG and am looking for examples that show the recommended way of doing :

1.) Passing data to/from controller variables/form fields.
I am assuming there are predefined "controls" that can take the form data and validate it against certain constraints, automatically convert the data to the desired format, and if there is an error automatically populate the appropriate error list that can be used to send the page back to the same page with error messages. (similar to what Rails does with validation errors for an AR object).
Ideally this would also work with non OG managed classes as well????

2.) Is there a recommended directory layout for views/controllers.  If I have 3 controllers and they all have an index.xhtml page, is there a recommend place to put these different files.

3.) An example of OG using compound primary keys, especially with belongs_to, or other relations, especially when dealing with a legacy database via an ODBC driver.

4.) An example of OG using sub-objects i.e. Person is an OG managed class and it has an Address(line1, line2, city, st, zip).  So you could have Person.find_something[0].address.city.  Is this even possible with OG

Overall it looks very promising, I would like to make sure I wrap my ahead around the Nitro/OG concepts the way they were intended.  Something that puts it all together would be great.  Don't get me wrong, the couple of blog examples are great, but it would be nice to see more real world examples.  Is there anything I can be directed to, to see something like this?

Thanks,

Walt