[Nitro] Automatic object evolution

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 05:52:53 EDT 2005

Hello Rob,

> I have modified the postgresql interface so it drops and creates fields
> that are missing or no longer needed when starting up. I have a few
> questions for you guys?

I wanted to do something like this for some time, thanks ;-)

> 2) Do you think it should be enabled by default and able to be disabled
> with setup options r do you think this should be something that is
> disabled by default and enable with options?

It would be nice if this process was interactive ie when starting the
app you get questions like:

Should I add the field xxx to table yyy y/n?
Should I remove the field xxx from table yyy y/n?

This is how I intended to implement this.

regards,
George.

PS: IMPORTANT, Please tell Chris to upload the scaffold files (like
relation_item) in the lego repository.

--
http://www.gmosx.com
http://www.navel.gr