[Nitro] Automatic object evolution

Rob Pitt rob at motionpath.com
Thu Oct 27 05:44:54 EDT 2005

I have modified the postgresql interface so it drops and creates fields
that are missing or no longer needed when starting up. I have a few
questions for you guys?

1) Do you think this is a good idea? If not why not?
2) Do you think it should be enabled by default and able to be disabled
with setup options r do you think this should be something that is
disabled by default and enable with options?

Personally I think it should create fields by default but not drop
unneeded ones incase you change your mind in debug mode and in
production mode should make all changes immediately. Should be
configurable by options (and interested in suggestions... something to
do with evolve?)

If this is a good thing I will also add it do the MySQL adapter. Someone
else can add it to Kirby and the other weird stores :)