[Nitro] Nitro on Apache2 (Tutorial)

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Tue Oct 25 18:18:53 EDT 2005

Michael Fellinger wrote:
> I very much agree with you.
> on RH it might be 'yum install apache2' or somthing... but apache very much
> depends on the environment it is in, so there are at least two ways for
> windows and linux - not counting OSX...

I wish RHEL used YUM :(  (It uses 'update', which is essentially yum,
but with fewer repositories.  I ended up installing lighttp by hand from
source.)

But if Apache does not require anything special for Nitro, then we may
do better to simply link to appropriate platform-specific instructions.

> maybe splitting the tutorial might be a good idea?
> one idea that came to my mind was to do a select-box, where one can choose the
> OS he has, and all text-elements OS-specific get exchanged.... maybe a bit
> futuristic, but wanted to mention it anyway :)

Show off some cool Spark AJAX stuff.

James Britt