[Nitro] Nitro on Apache2 (Tutorial)

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Tue Oct 25 17:48:46 EDT 2005

Michael Fellinger wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I just tried to get nitro running on apache2, but since there is absolutly
> nothing except the apache.conf i am somewhat lost.
> So i started a simple tutorial for doing that on the wiki, but i didn't get
> far...
> to get some coverage over this topic, could someone please point out howto:
> * install fcgi
> * config apache2 (if possible - virtualhost)
> * get nitro in there

I have a problem with this part:

sudo apt-get install apache2

Means nothing to someone, like me, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux or any
other system that doesn't use apt-get.

I think some explanation of installing from source is needed.  But as I
recall, all one needs to do is follow the INSTALL instructions; you
don't need to do anything special for Nitro.

In any event, I think the docs should try (where possible) to be
platform agnostic.

James