[Nitro] Nitro and Apache.

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Sat Oct 22 15:19:13 EDT 2005

Chris Farmiloe wrote:
> Hi.. some semi-help maybe:
>
> are you currently using fastcgi?

No.  Plain old CGI.  I'll likely move to fcgi or scgi later on once my
code is stable.

> I had similar missing binmode errors a while back (v.22)
> but never saw them again after I setup fastcgi.
> I'm not sure you gain this "in" attribute without bringing in the
> environment with fastcgi (or possibly something you change
> in apache config while trying to get fastcgi running)
> (my knowledge here is v.limited so I may be lying)

Could be.  This is in some cgi adapter code, but if it is reused in a
fastcgi context, then perhaps the test for context.in is needed.

> if the error truly does only occur when using POST and your
> AJAX calls then a fix/workaround may be to add
>
> method: 'get'
>
> to the hash options in the Ajax.updater call?

That may help (and is probably the right thing to do anyway, as I'm not
passing post data anyway), though it's not a real solution for the
general case.  I may want to pass data using post, and it will break.

James Britt