[Nitro] Changes

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 08:01:58 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am cleaning up in preparations of the 0.24.0 release. I would like
> top remove install.rb from the distribution because it is not up to
> date and I don't think anyone uses this. What do you think.

I agree, but I would at least include setup.rb. It's the defacto
standard for manual installs. Gems is nice, but it's good to have a
fall back.

> I will also try to switch to Reap instead of Rake to prepare the
> distribution, as I keep having some problems with the latest version
> of Rake, and because I like Tom's projects ;-)

:-) Reap works well for what it does --project management tasks. And
will only improve with time, like a fine wine ;-) Rake is still useful
for doing odd tasks though, if a project needs any of those.

> Last but not least, www.nitrohq.com will be probably live later today ;-)

Wonderful!!!

T.