[Nitro] Nitro Status

Chris Farmiloe chris.farmiloe at farmiloe.com
Wed Oct 12 13:06:24 EDT 2005

I would also like to see something like this.

I'm waiting to see what has changed in .24 but would very much like
to be able to assign a code block to the :editor metadata to allow
for a much more powerful / customizable scaffold controller.

I think this is what I'll work on next.

imagine something like:

property :title, String
property :body, String, :editor => :textarea
property :something, Hash, :editor => lambda {|obj, prop, options|
# ... }
# or something neater like
property :something_else, String, :editor => :class_method_in_model

def self.class_method_in_model(prop, options)
     # html tags producing stuff...

I'll often have specific needs for the editor of a particular
property in
a particular class. I also don't think it breaks MVC to expect a model
to understand how to edit / display it's properties.... but am certainly
willing to argue :)

.... I can of course see a time when I have created
an editing control useful to more than one model, so i guess i'll end
up with a library of :editor control methods to mixin to models.

any thoughts welcomed?