[Nitro] Og problem...

John Lloyd-Jones john.lloydjones at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:05:23 EDT 2005

Emmanuel
I have reported similar issues some time back. I created an an object graph
(that's what OG stands for, right) and discovered that OG does not handle
inheritance well. My case involved a Party that 'has_many' Address. From
Party, I derived a Person, and from Person a PersonalCustomer, expecting the
latter to handle the Addresses. In the end, with help from Aleksi, I put in
by hand some missing methods to get the appropriate oids and got it to work.
But it was a hack -- and Aleksi suggested it only as an ugly hack. Since
then, I have been hoping for a fix, but so far it still seems to be a
problem. If George and his devs can get this fixed, it will move Nitro/Og
into a league apart. Rails is OK for relatively simple object models, but
just doesn't cut it for most of the applications I deal with. Og has all the
promise, but alas, still doesn't deliver.
John