[Nitro] Blobs, Pictures and Og

Chris Farmiloe chris.farmiloe at farmiloe.com
Sat Oct 8 05:47:54 EDT 2005

blob types can be specified using Og::Blob (a kind of pretend type to
allow the binary types in database)

so define your type as

property :image_data, Og::Blob

this works fine using postgres (as a bytea) and I remember getting it
working with sqlite too as a bytea is effectivly just a really massive
string.

as for image resizing the only lib I have seen so far is RMagick

also remember that when you write your view method to render the
images you will have to set the content-type (using
response.content_type)
before sending all the image data or browsers won't know what to do with
it.

goodluck

chrisfarms.