[Nitro] Bad patch bundle

Aleksi Niemela Aleksi.Niemela at cs.helsinki.fi
Fri Nov 25 14:44:32 EST 2005

George Moschovitis wrote:

>Hmm, I got the error:
>
>Bad patch bundle from Michael's and Aleksi's patches. Anyone has any
>ideas what is causing this?

We might be experiencing Darcs and Windows systems (cygwin on my part)
behind-the-curtains change of LF to CR+LF. Like this guy (with some
explanation and design changes considerations down the thread).

  http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2005-November/008660.html

There's specificly mentioned the case when things moved through mail get
hash checksum but files on repo don't. Then repo could be updated
consistently with the other combination of line feed and when mail patch
comes, with correct checksum, it can't be applied.

I have, however, no recommendations. Something could, or should, be done
for cygwin environment we're (or I) am working. Perhaps new repo with
stricter LF policy and checking needs to be set up. Perhaps something
else. And yeah, the problem could be in cygwin, mailer, receiving mail
agent, editors, or somewhere else. Anyway, you might be facing a
situation where the repo needs to be set up again. Or then we just need
to change something in workflow in our end.

    - Aleksi