[Nitro] Seaside style call/answer mechanism

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:49:25 EST 2005

Dear devs,

I would like to add a Seaside-inspired feature to Nitro. A call/answer
mechanism. I 'll try to explain with an example. Let's say you want to
make some pages only accessible to logged in users:

class MyController

  def my_page
     @user ||= call(:login)
  end

   def login
     answer user
   end
end

when returning from the login page nitro should redirect to the
caller. Anyone has any ideas how to implement this. I don't want the
full power of Seaside call/answer. But I am not sure how to handle the
case when a user has multiple windows open at the same time.

George.

--
http://www.gmosx.com
http://www.navel.gr