[Nitro] spawn-fcgi wiki page

Tim Howe timh at dirtymonday.net
Tue Nov 22 14:13:07 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:15:20 +0200
George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the code I use to daemonize the DRB session server used by
> Nitro in FCGI mode:
> $ vi ds.rb
> require 'daemons'
> Daemons.run('/path/to/nitro/lib/nitro/session/drbserver.rb')
> $ ruby ds.rb start
> hope this helps....

	Actually I'm not really sure how I would apply this to my situation,
but I also don't claim to have any idea what I am doing.  Should I wrap my
index.fcgi script with this?  I am using spawn-fcgi, which is a program that
comes with lighttpd, to launch my index.fcgi program and create the socket
file, etc...  It appears to work, meaning that the fcgi process seems to start
in the background, the socket is created with the right permissions, and the
wiki works.  I continue using the shell for other things (though obviously
STDERR hasn't been altered).  Only after I log does the ruby process die and
the wiki go dead.

My setup is at

Almost nothing there was created by me.  I took various bits and parts from
other howtos.