[Nitro] spawn-fcgi wiki page

TimH timh at dirtymonday.net
Tue Nov 22 03:01:18 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:20:00 +0200
George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:

> You have to daemonize the ruby process.
> However I use a different setup, Lighttpd starts the fcgi handlers and
> manages them. And I see no problems whatsoever.

	I was kinda wondering if I could wrap the .fcgi launcher with daemonize or something like that.  Is there a tested method?  Is this capability planned for Nitro?  Rails must somehow handle this on its own as I used this same technique with Typo.
	I have also used lighttpd to spawn the processes, however that kind of defeats my purpose of security.  I want to run each user's Nitro/Rails apps under their own user permissions.  If you launch as the web server, the web server user needs all the rights.

--TimH