[Nitro] before-hook doesn't work anymore

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:05:13 EST 2005

Hi,

Only way I can get a NoMethodError for before is if I call it before any
properties are defined. I don't think that's your problem since you said
you're upgrading.

Could you share the model.rb file? Or at least a small portion that causes
the same error?

Re: super, you've pretty much got it. method_missing is called if a class or
it's super-classes don't define a method. That's how we get George's fun
find_by_such_and_such methods without having to define them. The super call
in this case means "I don't know what to do with this message." and hands it
off to the super class in case it does. And if it get's to Object, Object
throws that nice little error message you got.

The methods are actually defined (glue/lib/glue/aspects.rb). I don't think
there is any method_missing magic for aspects.

bryan