[Nitro] before-hook doesn't work anymore

Michael Fellinger m.fellinger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 09:31:43 EST 2005

Hey list,

I have one serious problem with switching to 0.25.0 here.
when i try to use this hook:

before { puts "doesn't work" }, :on [:og_delete]

i get following nice error at startup, and nitro shuts down.

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/og-0.25.0/lib/og/entity.rb:376:in
`method_missing': undefined method `before' for OgFile:Class (NoMethodError)
from ./src/model.rb:30
from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require'
from /var/www/current/nixel/public/../run.rb:11
from /var/www/current/nixel/public/fcgi.rb:6

well, having this error wouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't a very special
error - it points to method_missing (more correct - line 376) and what is in
this line:

super

that's it. No idea what voodoo is going on here - my ruby-instinct says me
that this is an inherited class/module and takes the method_missing of the
previous class in this special case. (i guess when in this method_missing no
rule is defined for 'before') and now it fails even in the previous defined
(if there is one defined... maybe it's only a call to an error-method?)

can somebody help me on this?

thx in pre,
manveru